Monday, October 22, 2007

Some Things I Learned Today

First, I learned what the Zoundz from Zizzle is. My kids (employees) call it the shizzle. It's a toy that makes music with pawns that light up and change the sound. You can record into it and mix the recording into the music you create. Or you can stream your Ipod (or other brand of MP3 player) into it and become a real DJ!

Wow!

And here I was, thinking that I'm not altogether up on the latest toyz for gurlz and boyz, but I know about zoundz, and that makes me very current.


Next, I learned that some sad and aimless individuals, for no apparent reason, simply have NO MEMORY. Zero memorization powers. Ixnay on the emorymay. I thought I was getting bad because I can't remember any of my friends' birthdays or phone numbers (yeah, but just ask me and I'll tell you the phone numbers of the house where I grew up, plus my parents' store, my grandparents' house, and my best friend's childhood home), but I'm officially in my mid-forties (sweet jesus) and have killed an awful lot of brain cells over the years. I have an excuse. I don't know what this guy's problem is, except for a simple case of CRS* syndrome. I tell him something, the next week he asks the same question. A customer calls, they have a long and friendly conversation, and a few days later he cannot remember what they talked about. This happens over and over--and these people WANT TO BUY STUFF FROM US. It's maddening.

I just hope he can remember to leave me off any future former employer reference lists.

*can't remember shit, of course


Finally, I learned where one of my cats (who has remained anonymous thus far) likes to poo when his tummy is upset and he can't make it to the litter box on time.

This is my previously-white bathroom rug. Eww. Stinky.

No comments: